Monday, December 6, 2010

Where Are You Christmas?

I have officially been doing homework for 6 hours tonight and decided it is time for a break!  I have been thinking a lot about Christmas this year and how things have changed so much for me since last year.  It seems like it was JUST Christmas and I was performing with Pickleville Playhouse.  This year I am far too busy to even sing a note!  As far as John and I go, last year at this time he was hoping I'd finally agree to marry him.  I was still a little freaked out at the idea, having other boys on my mind, but definitely loved him a lot.  I never would have imagined that I would be married in less than a year!  I am so thankful that John was patient with me last year so that I could have him to myself this year :)

I feel a little bit like Cindy Lou Who as I contemplate how Christmas is different when you are "grown up".  This year since I am now married will be much different.  Though we will be spending the holiday with my family, the present giving situation will be much different.  My parents are no longer giving me gifts to unwrap but instead giving me a check.  This will be a huge blessing to me since John and I just moved into a much nicer apartment and the cost reflects the niceness.  Isn't it funny that I am excited to pay rent for my Christmas present?  My gift giving will also be a little different due to lack of funds.  It is amazing how expensive it is to be married!  Hopefully I can stay within budget but still find great presents for my siblings.

The hardest part is not buying everything that I want to give to John.  He has been the greatest blessing to me and I want to give him the best Christmas possible.  However, since I am not able to work this semester I have to use the money that he is earning to buy his presents.  Seems a little weird to me.  Hopefully he will love what I got him and not be too mad at what I spent ;)  John is seriously the best. I love him more every day and feel so blessed to have him in my life.

Anyway, that is my two cents about a grown up Christmas.  I am excited that I have nieces and nephews to share it with.  Christmas is so fun with the little tykes!  :)  John and I were supposed to get some Christmas pictures taken but have been too busy so I will have to post an old pic to go with this post!  This is us in 2006 before the LHS Christmas dance.  :)


3 comments:

  1. Such a cute picture! You look like a movie star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! I was just thinking the same thing. I get so excited over little presents this year. Chez and I are just wrapping up EVERYTHING we buy for each other- packs of gum, chocolate oranges, etc. ha ha. I have a feeling that one day we'll look back and think of this as one of the best Christmases of our lives though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have a picture of the two of you that young. SO PRECIOUS. for reals though. I love it, and I am so happy that you are so happy!
    Love you, you big dork!!

    ReplyDelete