Friday, February 15, 2013

A time for change

I have been thinking a lot about the way I treat myself lately. In my life I have always struggled with getting people to take me seriously. I always thought that maybe when I graduated high school I would be taken seriously, or when I got married, or when I graduated from college. Now I've done all of that and still feel like a kid. Ive tried dressing older, carrying a bigger purse and wearing more makeup but I am constantly treated like or mistaken for a 16 year old. This becomes more and more scary for me as I am looking to start my career. A career where I constantly on display and judged be people older and, sometimes, wiser than myself. I guess I need I figure out how to make others see me as an adult an a serious teacher. Time for change.

2 comments:

  1. I love you, Liv! And I don't think you look like a 16 year old! The bright side of people thinking you look younger, is that you'll probably still look like you're 20 when you're 40. Just saying! As someone who's always mistaken for being older than I am, it's better to be mistaken for younger! Plus, it's just people judging age by height. Which is dumb. :D Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often feel the same way. I realized the other day that I am turning 26 in May and got this weird feeling of "What the heck? If I'm 26 then shouldn't people treat me that way? Why do I still feel 21?" Being pregnant has not made any difference whatsoever. Perhaps it will when I can't fit through the doorway.

    ReplyDelete