Sunday, May 26, 2013

Hired!

I finally got a job! Since I graduated in December, the middle of the school year, I didn't apply for any job until spring. In February I turned an application in to Logan City Schools but didn't hear anything til the middle of April. At that point I got a call askin me to come and interview for all six of the LCSD principals. I was thrilled.

The interview went well but I felt very rushed. They started by having me write down a lesson plan that I had recently taught. I thought quickly and chose a writing lesson I had taught during my student teaching. Then they had me present the lesson. After that each principal asked me one question and I was done. I felt really confident after the interview but as time went by I felt worse and worse and doubts came into my mind.

It took over a month for my offer to come so I had all but given up hope. Needless to say I was thrilled to be offered a job teaching second grade at Woodruff Elementary. I met with the principal and my team last week and signed my contract on Tuesday

I am very excited and very nervous to start! It will be an adventure!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, Liv! You will be a great teacher. Those kids are going to love you! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Liv!!!! That is sooooooo awesome. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete