Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Little-Big Blessing

After one of the most stressful weeks of my life an answer to prayers came today.  John and I have been waiting for my ticket (see last post) to be filed so I could pay it.  Last week he called in and though the officer hadn't turned in my ticket yet, the lady told him that a misdemeanor (which is what it said on my ticket) for a revoked license would be a $750 ticket.  I've been working the numbers to make it possible for me to pay the ticket all week.  I have seriously thought of little else.  Anyway, today John called while I was in class and the police man had turned in the ticket.  Since he wrote it up as a DENIED license and not REVOKED, it came out to be a ... wait for it....wait for it...$50 ticket!!!  I've never been so happy to pay the city of Logan $50 in my whole life!  PLUS, since I was quick at fixing the problem with my license, and had my driving privileges back within 48 hours they are taking another $10 off of the ticket. I am lucky for the mercy of the cop in how he wrote my ticket and glad that I will be able to keep that extra money in my savings account for the future.  P.S. I did learn my lesson about driving with a dog on my lap.  And, oh yeah, turning in my medical form :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh GOOD! Now you can afford to stay at a hotel with Scott and I next weekend ;)
    That's great news Liv. Glad it worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fantastic!!! P.s. I have a favor to ask ... Can you email me at runaholic@gmail.com ??? :)

    ReplyDelete