Monday, February 8, 2010

Cookies!

In honor of Super Bowl Sunday I decided to post a new cookie recipe I tried out recently. John and I found some mini-Reeses Pieces at the grocery store so I looked up a recipe for cookies online. They turned out SO yummy. I didn't cook them as long as they said. I never do. Not sure if it's because I like cookies under-done or if my mom's oven cooks a little fast. Also, I am a firm believer in Splenda so I substituted Splenda for the white sugar and Splenda Brown Sugar for the brown sugar Anyway...Enjoy!

Reeses Pieces Cookies

1 c. shortening
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 c. (1 lb package) Reeses Pieces (or Reeses Pieces Minis)

Cream shortening brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs and beat well. Combine dry ingredients. Add creamed mixture and dry mixture together. Stir in Reeses Pieces. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Drop by spoonful on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Makes 6 dozen.

So...there you have it! This weekend was such a fun one! I was sick ALL week and finally started feeling better Saturday so I took a little trip to SLC. Isn't Utah a great place to live? I definitely think so!

Valentine's Day is this coming Sunday. I am actually looking forward to it. Though 17 out of my 19 years I have felt like the only girl who didn't get any flowers, I think it is a great holiday. I know people complain about how it is only a holiday for people who are in love but that is silly. I think Valentines Day is a day when we should think about everyone that we love. There is such a great feeling in the air at Christmas time because people are remembering who and what they are greatful for. I wish people could think about that again on V-Day instead of being grumpy that they don't have a "significant other". Just a thought. I also love Valentine's Day because my dad always buys me cute socks and jewelry. :)

Another thought I had tonight...what is the deal with nightmares? I have taken 2 psychology classes to try and figure out why I have such crazy dreams but no one seems to know exactly why. For example, though I do occasionally have the typical "go to school naked" nightmare, most of my nightmares have to do with things that I learn in History class or on the news. Here are a few examples of what I mean: My family is sent to concentration camps during the Holocaust, my brothers and I are fighting against each other in the Civil War, I live in a concentration camp-like village in Cambodia (I had to read a book about this for a class at USU), I am on the Titanic when it sinks, I somehow get trapped in a cave with Osama Bin Ladin, I am trapped in a theater during Hurricane Katrina, I am forced into a polygamist relationship with Tom Green etc. I would say 90% of my nightmares are like this. And though they sound kindof silly, they are SCARY SCARY SCARY to me! So what does this mean? Maybe I should stay away from newspapers and TV from now on.

Anyway, those are my thoughts today. Back for more later.

2 comments:

  1. I've always had really strange/scary dreams, mostly they involve me being tortured, killed, or attacked in some way. Lovely iknow...
    Just wait till you are pregnant some day though...they get even stranger...and scarier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'm glad I can look forward to even crazier dreams when I'm pregnant! I remember Gordon telling our Psych class that he has 2D Nintendo dreams. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete