Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Milestones of 2009

Though we are more than a month into 2010 I have been reflecting a lot on all that I have accomplished and learned over the past year. Here are some of the milestones that stick out in my mind.

* First time being a bridesmaid (AND second!)
* First overnight visit to the hospital
* First overnight visit to the ER (oops!)
* First time giving myself a shot(Yippee!)
* First time hiking
* First stage kiss
* First first-date-kiss (Lesson learned there)
* First dog
* First lesson plan written
* First real job (USU)
* First blog
* First time to Guatemala and Belize
* First time seeing "The Three Amigos"
* First time riding Thunder Mountain
* First time crying on a ride (see above)
* First dog bite (Ouch!)
* First time spending an entire paycheck at Hobby Lobby (and definitely not the last)
* First jewelry made
* First ginger beer (Gross!)
* First Donny Osmond concert!
* First time having a "scope" stuck up my nose and down my throat (Most unpleasant)
* First date with someone NOT from Cache Valley
* First time driving stick shift
* First pair of full-price jeans
* First time being the only available Ballam daughter
* First class in my major
* First car boot
* First time making sushi myself
* First preschool graduation
* First time being truly thankful for my family and all that I have!

Lots of firsts! Hopefully 2010 will be filled with many more!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great list Liv! I got the scope up the nose & down the throat thing done for the first (and 2nd, and 3rd) time in 2009 too...I was worried it would make me gag, but actually, it made me sneeze like crazy. Weird! I appologized to the dr. about 20 times...poor guy...he's trying to look into the end of the scope that's up my nose & I can't stop sneezing! lol! We reached a new level of dr.-patient closeness that day. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! I'm glad I've only had it done once. It's the only time I can recall actually using the word "OWIE!" haha!

    ReplyDelete