Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Well it's official! After 5 years of dating John and I are finally engaged. :) For those of you who have asked for the story here it is...

I knew it was going to happen last night because the ring came in yesterday and I figured he wouldn't wait. He also had told me that he had plans for us and wanted me to dress up. But... he called before he got here and said, in a sad voice "Liv...can we go on our date tomorrow?". So I decided he didn't get the ring and, to say the least, I was NOT happy. I told him fine and that I didn't want to do anything if we weren't going on a date because I had a lot to do for preschool. He somehow convinced me that we should still go to dinner because he had reservations. So we went to the Bluebird (where my parents got engaged) which was cute. As we were eating our salads he pulled out a ring he had made out of a $2 bill. The $2 bill was one that I had given him when we first started dating and he had told me that he wouldn't spend it because he was going to keep it and give it to me when we got engaged. So at that point I knew he was going to do it that night! I kept waiting and waiting but nothing happened at dinner. After dinner we started driving home and he pulled off into Merlin Olsen Park. We walked to our favorite bridge and sat down. Then he ran to his car and brought back some roses. He gave me 2 roses for every year we've been together and told me some memories he had of each year. Then he just knelt down, pulled out the ring and said "This is for all the rest of the years we'll have together". It was very sweet and made me cry, which surprised me. Here are some pictures of the happy event :)


So there's the story. I'm so happy! We are shooting for September 3rd. I had hoped for October 9th, which is my grandparents' anniversary but my parents will be out of the country. September is great though. So now comes the fun part of PLANNING! :)

1 comment: