Monday, September 13, 2010

I'm married!

I decided to blog about this even though the 1 person who reads my blog already knows I am married since I am married to him. :) We were married on September 3rd in the Logan Temple. What a BEAUTIFUL day. I went through the temple the night before and that was wonderful as well. I admit I was a little nervous, but it ended up being the best night of my life up until that point. It was such a neat experience to have my whole family (minus one sister) there. John's parents, my grandma and two of my sweet cousins came as well which meant so much to me. I think I have a special bond with those people now. I think it is one of those memories that I can't really put into words but I know I will never forget how I felt.

Our sealing ceremony was the best part of the whole experience for me. I woke up that morning and didn't feel a bit anxious or nervous or anything! I was shocked! I fixed my hair, zipped up my suitcase and waited for my anxious parents to drive me to the temple. When I got there John had already arrived and sat teary eyed waiting for me. :) After I put on my temple dress the little helper lady had me stand in the 180 degree mirror and look at myself. I have honestly never felt more beautiful. Funny how in that simple, white satin dress I felt more beautiful than in my expensive, beaded wedding gown. I was just so happy! John looked more handsome than ever and I was so excited! The sealing was great. I had a hard time listening to what was being said because I was distracted by my future husband sitting next to me but I am sure his words were beautiful! SO neat!

The luncheon and reception ROCKED. The food at the luncheon was awesome and I have been told the reception food was just as good. We started out with a formal line but decided to just walk around and mingle instead. I liked that a lot better since our wedding was more of a party than a formal event. We had a friend of my Grandpa Israelsen and his barber shop quartet perform for the guests. They were so adorable and walked throughout the reception center singing. SO cute! at 20 minutes to 8:00 Ester told me what time it was so we quickly cut our cake, I threw my bouquet, changed our clothes and we were outta' there! I had purchased 20 bottles of Silly String for our send off... kind of a surprise for John. HAHA! It was hilarious. I couldn't even breathe it smelled so bad!

We went to Little America that night which was awesome too and John let me order room service :) Then we were off to Hawaii! I'll post more about that later when I have more time and less homework! Such a great week. Definitely the best of my life!!!So far the only pictures I have of the wedding day are ones my siblings/cousins posted. This one was my favorite. My niece Mia just loved my sparkly dress :)
I will post pictures

8 comments:

  1. Liv,

    John's not the only one who reads your blog. And I am happy to hear about your experience from the one that really matters! It sounds like a perfect day! Good luck with getting back into life.

    Love,
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your blog too! I think that photo is simply adorable! Congratulations on your wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! It sounds like a wonderful day! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo! I have so many readers! :) My brother took that photo on his phone I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your blog! Everything about your wedding was wonderful! We had such a good time. I don't remember a lot of little details about my wedding day, but I will never forget how wonderul I felt being in the temple with Jeremy.
    I have never been to a reception where they served french fries and donuts. Very unique and very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay I read it too! yay you're married! so happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too Liv. . .I read your blog! It was indeed a beautiful day. It made me SOOO happy to see John SOOO happy. We all love you and are so glad you are part of our family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liv, I'm so glad you commented on my blog so I could find yours! Congrats on the marriage dear. Don't let anyone tell you "the first year is the hardest." Our first year was amazing and it just keeps on getting better! You will love it!

    ReplyDelete