Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Birthday To ME!

Though I don't have any pictures of the joyous occasion I decided to write about my birthday this past Sunday.  What a great day!  Simple, but good.  Mostly everyone in my family was out of town for most of the day Sunday but we did catch my parents and little brother for breakfast at 8 am.  I got some sweet presents including a couple of children's books for my growing library. (Frederick and The Very Hungry Caterpillar).  I also got a dress and coat I have been loving from Newport News which was a complete surprise.  My mom must have bought it 6 months ago!  My sweet husband got me a cute sweater and shirt from Downeast, a Hobby Lobby gift card, flowers AND a coupon for an hour long massage at the Sports Academy!  So awesome.  We took a nap after breakfast and then spent the rest of the afternoon watching a Cake Boss marathon.  John now wants me to be a professional baker.  (After we watched "The Coal Miner's Daughter" he wanted me to be a professional country singer :))  My sister Ester cooked us dinner that night and we had fun watching more Cake Boss and playing Ticket To Ride.  Though I didn't have a big party or anything, it was probably my best birthday to date.  I loved waking up to John and Izzy and knowing they would be with me all day long.  The only thing missing from this perfect day was a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday" on my answering machine from my grandpa Israelsen.  That was always the highlight of every birthday!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot a couple details. #1. Scott was there for your bday breakfast. #2. I also made you a dessert with candles. #3. You didn't mention the sweet gifts Scott and I gave you. So... overall you just pretty much left us out. :(

    ReplyDelete