Thursday, March 31, 2011

John's 23rd

On March 25th John celebrated his 23rd birthday.  We had a fun, eventful day beginning with breakfast.  Since everyone in my family had places to be by 8 AM we decided to have breakfast at 7 o'clock.  I made crepes, eggs and bacon.  It turned out really fun, despite the fact that our apartment smelled like bacon for the rest of the weekend!  John got a complete new wardrobe from my family.  They love buying him clothes!  He also got a subscription to ESPN magazine from my mom.  I gave him lower bowl tickets to a Jazz game, clothes, and an ipod touch.  I think he was most excited about the ipod because he was a little surprised.  I bought it just a few days before his birthday so he wouldn't suspect much.  His parents came to town to take him to lunch while I went to school and took two exams.  Luckily he was able to take a half day at work and we met back up at 6:00.  We spent the next hour or so looking for ipod covers and then went to dinner at Calloways.  After that we went and saw "Suckerpunch".  (John picked the movie since it was his birthday)  I actually liked it a lot more than I thought I would.  Not that I am into the whole slutty schoolgirl thing, but I thought it had awesome special effects and was a total "girl-power" movie.  I may have liked it even more than John.
The next day I made John a Jazz cake in the morning and we headed to SLC for the Jazz game.  Even though they lost it was still a lot of fun.  We went all out and bought pretzel bites, nachos, popcorn and a drink.  :)  

On Sunday we drove back up to Logan for my friend Chris Carter's welcome home talk and then headed back to Centerville for a birthday dinner with John's family.  It was fun to relax and get out of town for a little while since school has been pretty stressful as of late.  We stayed til around 9 PM and then drove back to Logan to begin another week of school.  


I have lots of fun birthday memories with John, starting with his 18th, but I think this was my favorite.  It is so nice to be married to my best friend and get to see him every day, even if it isn't for very long.  I love him so!  Happy 23rd babe!

1 comment:

  1. WAY impressed with your cake! Glad you had such a nice day together too!

    ReplyDelete