Wednesday, May 25, 2011

U2 360

Last night was AMAZING!  About two years ago I heard that U2 would be coming to SLC on their 360 tour.  U2 is my all-time favorite band and I have always dreamed of attending one of their concerts.  Anyway, I bought tickets and was excited about it for months.  A few months before the concert I got an email from SmithTix saying that the concert was cancelled because Bono was having back surgery.  I was extremely disappointed, but they said the concert would be rescheduled and to hang on to our tickets.  I did, and the concert was rescheduled for May 2011.  

Last night John and I had the BEST time!  The concert was absolutely amazing.  The Fray opened which was fun.  Rice Eccles Stadium was completely packed with people of all ages.  Remember the footage of the Beatles fans crying when John, Paul, George and Ringo walked on stage?  Well...that was me.  I was seriously blown away seeing Adam, The Edge, Larry and Bono in real life!  So cool!  The concert was unbelievable.  The technology was amazing and we had perfect seats.  It was such a high energy concert.  It was by far the funnest thing John and I have done since we got married and I was really glad that the concert was postponed to a time in our lives that we needed a little pick me up!  :)



 


2 comments:

  1. So fun! But so jealous. :) Glad you guys had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention that it was even better because I WAS THERE. :) And that we were able to swoon over how attractive Bono is.....

    ReplyDelete