Saturday, August 20, 2011

Analyzing Me

I've been thinking a lot lately (I've had a lot of time to think while John is at work and I have nothing to do) about myself.  I've had quite a rude awakening since I got married and realized I really don't have many... skills.  In high school I was 100% confident in everything about myself.  Now I'm about 10% confident.  I think it's because I was REALLY good at being a girlfriend...and not so great at being a wife. (Maybe that's why I had many boyfriends but only one husband ;))  I am good at planning fun dates etc...but not every single night.  I thought I was a great cook...til my husband started eating my food.  I enjoyed cleaning...til I had my own apartment and roommate to take care of on my own.  I guess I need to practice the wife stuff a little!

2 comments:

  1. Liv - Don't feel alone for one second! I think we all go through some self-analyzing as a new wife (and especially as a new mother!). Did you know I didn't even know how to brown meat when we got married? Honest to goodness. Burke's been a very patient man. ;) I have found one of the best ways to get better at the domestic things while keeping your marriage strong is doing them together. Cleaning the house on Saturdays to fun music or cooking a new recipe together can be so much fun and then if it's a flop, neither of you should feel bad because you did it together. There's my two cents! I still think you're incredibly talented. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if there is one thing I have learned from marriage, it is how to be patient and learn from my mistakes. Luckily, I married a man who has been able to learn those same things. But if there is one thing I have learned from my sister Olivia, it is how to learn new things and learn to be REALLY good at them quickly. You have never ceased to amaze me with your many talents and abilities. Don't sell yourself short on those things for one second... because you are amazing. Truly.

    ReplyDelete