Thursday, May 3, 2012

Exciting Times!

I haven't posted much because, well, not much  has happened until recently. I just finished my Level III's, which basically means I took the most intense courses of my life this semester.  The first 9 weeks of the semester were spent in course work, and the last five weeks I was in practicum at Woodruff Elementary.  I was in Mrs. Martineau's first grade classroom and loved it so much!  So many adorable children!  The weeks I was in course work were really hard on me and made me doubt whether I wanted to really be a teacher.  I had one teacher in particular that was very negative about the career and just made me feel crummy all the time.  It was so nice to finally be in a classroom and remind myself why I have spent the last four years studying education!  Anyway, I had a sad last day.  One cute little girl named Maizee gave me three hugs when the bell rang.  I went to high school with her aunt and before she left she asked me "Could you find out where my aunt lives and go to her house?  Then you can call me and I'll come over and see you."  So cute.  They also made me a little Thank You Book.  Each student wrote me a note.  Some of my favorite sentiments included "Thank you for teaching me about a fraction", "I want to know if your teacher is nice", "I like your clothes" and "Happy Birthday Tyson".  (It was also Tyson's birthday that day and one student must have been confused.  I will miss the little cuties, though I will not miss having to explain why human beings cannot eat crayons and erasers.

The most exciting thing of all is that John and I purchased our first home!  It was probably the most stressful thing I have ever experienced and I am so glad it's over!  The home we purchased is the home my dad grew up in, in River Heights.  He has wanted to buy it for the last 30 years and it finally went up for sale.  He was so thrilled that John and I were interested in it as well!  We will all be co-owners, with John and I owning that majority of the home.  The woman who sold it to us gave us a run for our money this week and we didn't think we would end up with the house.  So, we were thrilled today when we were able to smooth everything over and sign the papers!  HOME OWNERS!

3 comments:

  1. That is SO awesome!! And to have that connection to the house where your dad grew up, that's even more special! Congrats guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congrats!! Maybe next time we're in town we can stop by and see your new place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY YOU BLOGGED!!! haha school is overrrr!!! :)

    ReplyDelete