Thursday, May 17, 2012

Me Time

I have been super stressed lately and I may have figured out why.  I have been trying so hard to be a good wife; cleaning the apartment, cooking dinner, doing laundry etc.  I have had this mentality that if I can just take care of my family everything will be perfect.  Well, last night I began thinking about myself and how little I am taking care of myself these days.  For example, I am about 9 months overdue for a visit to the dentist, 3 months over due for getting my hair done (it's scary), I've cancelled my last diabetes doctor visit and my last two gynecologist visits, and I've needed to go to the chiropractor for the last 2 months or so.  Now these things seem pretty unimportant right?  Well...I think it's time I do something for myself before I go bald, my teeth fall out and I can't walk.  :)  I think I'll start with a hair cut.  Here is a picture of me after one of the 3 times I have gotten my hair done since I got married.  

1 comment:

  1. When I read your post title I thought of the "Me Party" song from The Muppets movie and laughed. But really, that's exactly what you need! Although, I would really count the dentist, doctor, or the gynecologist as a "party". Good choice on the hair. :)

    ReplyDelete