Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Blah - g

I thought I'd better post a wedding-plan update. Most importantly...I found my dress! I had actually found it by my last post but hadn't purchased it. I'm really pleased with my decision and excited to actually get to wear it! The seamstress called yesterday and told me she finished the alterations so I just have to go try it on to make sure it fits. Unfortunately the store is in American Fork and with my crazy unpredictable rehearsal schedule it will be hard to find a time to make it down there. I'm hoping for Friday!

John and I were scheduled to shoot our engagements last Friday but unfortunately had to cancel due to the rain storm. Hopefully it will be bright and sunny next Monday so we don't have to cancel again! I don't love getting my picture taken so I'm glad that John has to do it with me ;) I'm also excited to get that part of wedding planning done. One less thing to worry about!

We also found an apartment! We looked at a bunch of apartments on West Center street that were pretty nice but really expensive. The main problem we had was our dog. Most places charge $100+ more per month for a pet or make you pay a huge pet deposit at signing. Luckily I checked KSL every day and found a little basement apartment for a really good deal. The ad said no pets but the landlord said our dog would be fine. We went to look at it and it is perfect for us! It is a small, one bedroom one bath basement apartment but it actually has a lot of windows so it is really light down there. I love everything about it except the turquoise and green carpet in the living room. :) It will be fun to decorate and have a little place of our own though. We went to the DI yesterday and purchased a coffee table and a painting (picked out by John). It makes me feel so old to be buying furniture!

The bridesmaid dresses came and they are perfect (just need sleeves) and I ordered John's ring yesterday. We also registered at BB&B which was interesting. Totally exhausting to me! It seems like we have so much planned already and now we'll just have to wait... and wait.

Life aside from that is good. I've just been rehearsing and planning. I'll be glad when the summer is over and I can sleep through the night!

I better not post without a picture so here's one of one of our favorite pass-times. Definitely the quickest way to blow a lot of money!

4 comments:

  1. and by purple and green I mean YELLOW! sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping for bright and sunny on Monday too!!! I can't wait!! I even found a shed that has purple and green the day your shoot was scheduled! wahoo! I still haven't heard from a couple people on the jersey's but I am still staying positive :) once I get an idea in my head it usually happens! haha just ask bryan! Glad all of the other planning is going well and I am so excited to see you in your dress!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Can't wait! My dress will be fun. Though I can't move a TON in it...it's pretty dang tight! :)

    ReplyDelete