Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Beginning

Wow! What a crazy few weeks I've had! Being engaged sure isn't what I thought it would be. So far there are lots of things that I have enjoyed about being engaged. I must admit, I really love showing people my ring and my fiance. I am so proud of both :) I am the kind of girl who has been planning my wedding since I was 5 so that has been fun too. Though when I was 5 I didn't realize just how expensive weddings are. I HATE that part of wedding planning. Luckily we were able to book our perfect photographer for a bargain! To me the wedding pictures were top priority so I'm thrilled that we were able to get Cascio Photography to shoot our special day :)

The hardest part about this whole thing for me is choosing a dress. I have been to SO many stores and tried on so many dresses that my head is spinning with taffeta, silk and lace! The first 2 dresses that I tried on were by far my favorite. Though now I'm not sure if I really loved the dresses, or if I just loved the way I looked in them because they were the first ones I tried on (and the only ones that were actually my size). So... the final step in this process (I hope) is to drive back down to American Fork and try them back on! That is how I will be spending my evening tonight. Hopefully I will be able to make a decision. I don't think I can handle trying on any more big, poofy dresses!!!

My mom is a pro wedding planner so we have a lot already planned out. I have favors purchased, flowers picked out, engagement/formal shoots lined up, temple reserved, luncheon/reception venue reserved, flower girl dresses purchased, bridesmaid dresses purchased, slideshow and videographer lined up, and we meet with our caterer on Friday to finalize our menu for the luncheon and reception. Sounds like a lot but we still have much to do! Once I get the dress out of the way I'll feel a lot better about things. We have also had a struggle finding somewhere to live that is affordable AND pet friendly. My little dog is going to be costing us $100+ a month in rent I'm afraid. But oh how we love her! :)

Though it has been stressful to work things into our budget, wedding planning has been a lot of fun! I am lucky to have a fiance with an opinion. It makes decision making easier because I don't have to do it alone. Maybe that's why choosing my dress has been so tricky!

Anyway, that's the latest. Better not post without a picture so here are a couple from 2 weeks ago. John and I had a fun time staying with my brother Chris and his family for a few days. We were able to attend my niece, Ava's graduation which was a lot of fun. We also love any opportunity to drive down South so we can eat at In N Out! :)

3 comments:

  1. Ah Liv you just totally made my day!! i feel like the luckiest photographer getting your wedding :)!!! Hope the rest of the planning goes well and I am dying to see what dress you get! so exciting! And I agree, I like that John has an opinion too! I can't wait for the Bluebird shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my dress! It should be done a week or so before our formals so we are set!!! :) We are so excited for next week!

    ReplyDelete