Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Hills are Alive...almost!

Summertime is in FULL swing at the Ballam house. The operas open NEXT WEEK which is crazy to me. Things have been organized differently this year so we had tech rehearsal early but haven't rehearsed onstage since. I have mixed emotions about this. I like getting Tech Week over with but I am worried things will be rough tomorrow at our first dress rehearsal. i have 6 or 7 quick changes which will be exciting and stressful. Can't wait for the show to open so I can stop worrying about it!

Today I had the JOY of going to the OBGYN. Joy. I had expected that I was seeing a female nurse practitioner but when the doctor walked in not only was he male, he is my neighbor! AGH! It turned out I am glad it was him because he was really helpful. It turns out I am going to need surgery ASAP and I feel a lot more comfortable having him as my doctor. So that was a little TOO exciting. I hate doctors, IV's, blood, needles and all that jazz so I'll be glad when it is all over.

On a more pleasant note...this past weekend was the annual Israelsen Family Reunion. It is one of the few times I get to see most of my 100+ cousins and I look forward to it ALL year! I had rehearsal the first day but made it up in time to witness the Shasta Shootout (my favorite part). It was fun to have John with me and introduce him to the whole family. Hopefully he wasn't too overwhelmed. We are a pretty intense/crazy family but I think he can handle it :). I love my family SO much! I'm sad the reunion is over and I'll have to wait another year for it.
John and I got some of our engagements back and we are so pleased with the outcome! He is critical about how he looks but I think he looks so handsome! I am such a lucky girl! We are excited to see the rest of them. Wedding plans are coming right along. We don't have a ton left to do except take our formal pictures, order invites, find John a tux and that's about it! I'm getting really anxious and want it to be September already!

4 comments:

  1. You are too cute, Liv! And yes...going to the OB GYN is definitely a treat. Ha, ha... Love the blog, by the way...and can't wait to see you in the operas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OBGYN = Liv's worst nightmare! OBGYN surgery = Liv's even worse nightmare! Thanks! I am excited for you to see them! Tell Julia I miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life looks so good for you Liv!! (except the surgery)
    But I'm super happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man!! Sorry that your first trip to the girly doctor was so devastating!! geez!
    Let me know when tickets are available to come and see ya! I am sure the show is going to be great!
    and I am soooo glad that you love your engagements! tell john to relax! he looks just fine :)

    ReplyDelete