Sunday, November 14, 2010

Let it Snow!

I can't believe I'm saying it but the snow in the mountains makes me smile every time I see it.  It makes me feel like Christmas is around the corner. 

This weekend was a fun but stressful one.  John and I had to move out of our apartment on Friday which was CRAZY because John worked all day.  His dad came up to help us move all the big stuff which was so helpful.  Saturday morning he came up again and helped us box everything up.  If I learned anything from this experience it is to keep boxes!  Having the box for my pans and china would have been so nice.  We also found mold in the livingroom, kitchen, bathroom and closet.  The closet was the worst because it was all over our shoes etc.  I have a feeling they will be going straight in the trash.  :(  We got mostly done with Forrest's help but ended up having to finish today.  (Not the greatest Sunday activity I know but we are paying rent every day we are there)  I am incredibly disappointed in having to move, especially because of the way our landlord handled it.  I do NOT like being lied to so I will be glad to eventually find an apartment with an honest landlord. 

After packing we HURRIED to Centerville, met up with John's mom and headed to Orem.  We were able to make it just in time to see the Scarlet Pimpernel at the Hale Center Orem.  It was awesome!  I am always impressed with their productions.  After that we stopped at Tai Pan and then met up with John's sister and her husband for the Christmas Expo which was fun.  John got a hat and I got a cute little snowman.  Then we ate dinner at the Mayan which is always a treat.  We watched a movie after and got home around 2 am.  Needless to say it was difficult waking up this morning!  But oh so fun!

ONE more week til Thanksgiving.  I am so lucky to have professors who are cancelling class the week of Thanksgiving.  The only class I have that week is my Monday evening class!  YIPPEE!!!  Time for Christmas decorations and pumpkin pie!  If only John and I had an apartment to decorate...

1 comment:

  1. Well I guess that means I'll be making pumpkin pie soon, eh?

    ReplyDelete