Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Surprise!

So...I have had a cold/flu for about 2 weeks. John has also been extremely sick and our poor dog has been coughing. Friday night we figured out why. After living in our muggy apartment for 2 months I decided I couldn't handle it anymore and I went to open the window. This is what I found.
Dirt? Guess again. Mold. I have more nasty pictures but for the sake of the internet community I will refrain from posting them. This disgusting stuff was all over the window, baseboards and the carpet was soaked. It makes sense that I was more sick than John because it was mostly all on my side of the bed. It also explains why when I stayed home in bed to get better I ended up feeling 10 times worse!

Anyway, we packed up our stuff that night and moved back in with my parents. We talked to our landlord today and he wants us moved out by Friday. Not sure how that will work since we have nowhere to go and John and I are never home long enough to pack a suitcase, let alone an entire apartment. But somehow we always seem to work these things out. We are desperately looking for a new apartment, so far with no luck. I have a feeling we will be living with my parents til Christmas or later. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!! Happy 2 month anniversary to us!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Liv! My mom had been coughing for like 6 months when they found mold underneath the stucco on our house in River Heights. They had to strip down the ENTIRE house, treat the mold and then put up brand new siding (all weeks before my wedding). Mold = misery. So sorry you've been sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh geez!! I'm allergic to mold also!!! I cannot believe those pictures. Sheesh! Sorry this happened to you. Hoping you find a place soon.

    ReplyDelete