Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Things I Learn

I feel the need to compile a little list of things I have learned in the last week or school.

*Cutting out laminated papers is the best part about being a teacher. I could honestly do it all day.
*Everyone over the age of 10 will lie to you about liking your haircut so if you want a real opinion you have to ask a kid.
*Teachers who cannot pronounce the letter N should not attempt to say "Funky" during their lectures. Especially when they are congested. Not funny.
*It takes a lot more energy to aid a female teacher than a male.
*Eating Taco Bell after 11 PM when you are sick is never a good idea.
*Living in Logan, having an ice scraper in your car is a must.
*
Take out the garbage immediately after cleaning out the fridge.
*Wendy's spicy hot wings are nasty, but their baja salad is delish.
*Just because you have your lineup set for 3 weeks on NBA Fantasy League doesn't mean you don't need to check it every single night (Thank you Tyreke Evans)

That's about everything I've learned that is important. Today I went to my new practicum (just when I was FINALLY enjoying the classroom I was in they sent me to a new school) which was interesting. I was not thrilled to be the only person in my class at that school to begin with so I didn't have the best attitude going in. The teacher asked me to observe for a few minutes at the start of class and gave me a nice padded swivel chair at the back of the room. I took off my coat, set it on the chair and sat down. A few minutes later, much to my surprise, when I went to stand up my dress was stuck to my coat, which was stuck to the chair. Apparently when I put groceries in the car on Saturday I set a leaky bottle of honey on my coat. What are the odds. So I had to pull my sticky self off of the chair and deal with my skirt sticking to everything all day. Other than that it was a pretty good day. :)

1 comment:

  1. When is eating Taco Bell EVER a good idea? ;) The Elders used to beggggggggg us sisters to go to T-bell....never never never!
    Glad you're having fun experiences! :)

    ReplyDelete