Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Time!

Thanksgiving has never been one of my favorite holidays but this year I was definitely ready for a break!  Life is so crazy these days with work, school, apartment hunting etc.  I feel like I never see John and when I do I am in a rush to do something or grumpy about doing homework.  Thankfully we both got a few days to relax. 

Our break unofficially began Tuesday night around 5:30 when John got sent home from work because of the approaching blizzard.  However they sent him home too late and it was already too snowy for him to make it up Mountain Road, let alone up my parents' street.  So he parked a few blocks away at the stake center and climbed up the hill.  He had holes in his shoes so I hiked down the hill and met him with a pair of boots.  It was fun to have him home and I was happy he was safe in our not-so-safe car.

The next day they let him come in early and only work a half day so he was done around 4.  I spent the day cooking with my mom since I knew I wouldn't get another chance this Thanksgiving.  When John got home we headed to Park City.  It was too slick for our bald tires so we drove through Tremonton and stopped in Centerville to switch to his dad's truck.  Thank goodness!  We made it to Park City around 9.  John's parents' rented a really nice house with lots of bedrooms to fit us all.  John and I had fun watching the Jazz and hitting they hay early.  Thanksgiving was an interesting one.  I loved being with John (our first Thanksgiving meal together in all the years we've been together) but it was hard to not be with  my family.  I have dreaded that part of getting married for years.  I hate the thought of not being with them on Christmas but luckily I can face that obstacle when it comes next year :)  We also went and saw "Tangled" which was adorable!  (Luckily, since my parents have tickets for us to see it again this Saturday).  John and I also tried out the hottub at the house in the FREEZING outdoors!

Friday we spent the day shopping around the outlets and then getting new tires on our car in Centerville.  Then we headed to Training Table and rounded out the night perfectly with the Jazz vs Lakers game! (Need I say more)


We contemplated going home Saturday but decided to stick around and see my brother in law Stefan before he went to the airport.  We met them at a funny restaurant called Bucca de Beppo where we all ate way too much and enjoyed each other's company.  After that we did a little Christmas shopping and met up with Ruth and Forrest for a fun dinner at The Melting Pot.  Definitely one of my new favorite restaurants!!!  We didn't want to face the music (school/work) in Logan so we stayed one more night with the Blair's in Centerville and headed home Sunday.  Now back to reality!  This year I am Thankful for my husband... and a break from school! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment