Monday, October 25, 2010

A New Week

I can't believe it is already Monday. I swear the weekend gets shorter each week. This weekend was a little less "planned" than past weekends. John ended up going to play cards with some friends for work so I just hung out at my parents house. I think I spend more time there now than I did before I was married! Anyway, we did make it to the Pumpkin Walk Saturday night for a few minutes before it closed which was fun. Last night was our Fantasy Basketball Draft. So stressful! I ended up getting a pretty good team (definitely stacked) so I'm happy.

This week I start my new practicum. I am going to be honest...I'm really stressed about it. My last block I was in a 2nd grade classroom with an awesome young lady mentor teacher. 2nd grade seemed surprisingly old to me. I guess I am just so used to preschoolers! Anyway...this block I'm in a 5th grade classroom with a male teacher. So intimidating. Pretty sure I will be shorter than a lot of the kids too. Agh. Oh well... I'll survive. I'm starting to get stressed out about finishing school. Right now I feel like I'm not contributing much to our financial situation since I only work one day a week. Though teachers get paid dirt around here, it will be nice to someday have a second income coming in.

Anyway, there is a bright light at the end of this week's tunnel...Halloween! My favorite holiday! Hopefully John and I can find a time to figure out costumes :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have so much fun! When I was in 5th grade, I was 5 foot 5! 0:) But that was considered freakish!
    And cheap costumes are easy if you put your mind to it, Brant and I are going to spend like 6 bucks on our costumes combined! :)

    ReplyDelete