Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Once again

Ok... I think I posted a blog yesterday but I have some things to say. I think blogging is a good way for me to release my thoughts on someone other than my husband which I'm sure he will appreciate. It seems like I have so much going on every day and I don't really have anyone to talk to about it because well... no one really cares. :) So I will post it online where no one has to rad it and I will feel better.

Anyway, I started my new practicum today. What a different experience. I am at Lincoln Elementary in Hyrum and it is a whole different world from River Heights. I met with the principal this morning and she gave us an overview of the school. She told us that most students have free or reduced lunch, serious family issues, some are homeless or only eat when they come to school. There are many cases of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and many students whose parents are in jail. It is the poorest school in the Valley and one of the poorest in the state. I'm not going to lie, it made me really nervous. However, these students are itching to learn! There is such a sense of excitement in the halls all day long. The teachers are a lot friendlier and I think it has to do with a less... stuck up attitude in the school. I hate to say that because I love River Heights but I always felt like everything was a competition and everyone's love of learning came second to social status. Anyway, it's only been one day but I am looking forward to learning from my teacher and students. It will be an experience.

It also snowed today. Shoot me. I hate it so much. I only have stilettos and flip flops at my apartment so I trudged through the snow on campus tonight and and now sitting in class completely soaked. Oops, you caught me, I'm in my Ed Psych class right now. I will be paying attention as soon as I finish this post. (Now that I've checked my fantasy league stats, email and facebook).

Anyway, hopefully I will get back home for the first time by 10:45 (14.75 hours after I left this morning). Poor John expects a happy little wife when he comes home. I will shoot for awake and hope for happy!

P.S. I emailed one of my professors telling her I was concerned with my grade to find out what I could do to bring it up and she responded with the following "Olivia, I am also concerned about your grade. -Professor Jones". Awesome. Thanks for your help!

2 comments:

  1. liv you are going to be such a cute little teacher! :) vent away, I am listening! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I.laughed.out.loud at your professor's email! Sounds like a gem! :)

    ReplyDelete