Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Week Off

And by a week off I mean a week off of practicum. I still have school and teaching my acting class but NO PRACTICUM this whole week!!! (And the angels did sing) It has been so glorious to sleep in and not have anything til 2:30 every day. Today Izzy and I walked from our apartment to my mom's house. Izzy proved to me that I am very out of shape as she ran and I huffed up Mountain Road. I am officially on a diet and back on the exercise band wagon. I ran on the treadmill last night and it really made me miss the days when I lived at home and could run any time I wanted. I also found that playing games on my iPhone while I run sure helps pass the time.

It is also Pumpkin Walk season again! My favorite! This year they asked the Israelsen Clan to do a tribute to our Grandpa Israelsen. Since it is a cartoon theme we did a farm with "hidden" Looney Toones characters. I made Taz and a couple of sheep that ended up looking slightly like poodles. I was pretty proud of the final product though. I enjoyed spending the entire day with my family setting up and enjoying the crisp fall weather. I love watching my grandma at the Pumpkin Walk. She is definitely in her element. She kept saying "Now this looks great but we're just missing..." She said she would be making a few more characters before she went to bed tonight. :) My mom also put up her Beatles characters that she made a few years back. She found some awesome gourds that looked like John, Paul, George and Ringo's signature hairdos and luckily they dried perfectly so we can use them every year!

My mom and I went grocery shopping tonight. I am beginning to get pretty frustrated about all the crap (pardon my language) John and I eat. It seems we are ALWAYS on the run and I never get the chance to cook him anything healthy. I've found that though I'd rather eat a peach it is much easier to grab some fruit snacks when I run out the door. It is a shame because I think I am a pretty good cook and have a TON of healthy recipes to choose from...it's just finding the time!!! Hopefully next semester will be slightly better since I won't have practicum. Though I will have more credits. We'll see. If anyone has any ideas PLEASE share. I'm glad I have Izzy as an exercise buddy...even if she is in WAY better shape than me :)

2 comments:

  1. crock pot!! My saving grace! Just throw a bunch of stuff in when you get up, let it cook alllll day and then come home to a yummy smelling house, and dinner ready to go! My last one I did was some beef stew in some bread bowls...so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pumpkins! Brant's never experienced the pumpkin walk before, so we are totally going this weekend! Can't wait to see your family's contributions!

    ReplyDelete