Monday, February 21, 2011

Food For Thought

This weekend John and I spent some time with his family while his sister Bridget is visiting from Japan.  We had fun eating and visiting on Saturday and then again on Sunday.  While we were there John's mom said something interesting to me.  She said "No one will ever love your family as much as you do."  I guess I needed to hear that because I've been a little irritated with John lately for not being friendly enough with my family.  I guess after almost 6 years together I figured he'd finally feel comfortable around them, though I'm MUCH worse with his family since I've spent a lot less time with them.  Anyway, it just got me thinking.  No matter how much I wish John liked ketchup on his taco salad, and no matter how much he wishes I'd put ranch on mine... it's just the way we were brought up and we need to learn to love each other FOR, and not in spite of our differences.  I am going to work on that.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah JOHN... You are such a jerk. Why can't you like Ketchup?! Oh wait... I don't really like it either.... Good thought though Liv... You are oh so wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What good advice your mother-in-law gave. So true. I think merging two families can be the hardest part of marriage.

    ReplyDelete