Monday, February 7, 2011

Still Looking

I wrote a post about my math teacher last week and how I have been practicing "finding the good" on her.  I have found that it is easier for me to go to her class when I am not focusing on how much she irritates me and more on how amazing her handwriting is.  Anyway, this weekend I had another one of those moments.  I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond on Saturday looking for a baby shower gift for my cousin.  I had 5 people ask me if I needed help with anything before I finally picked out a cute frame.  When I took it to the checkout the lady working there said "How cute!" then she looked at me and said "When is your baby due?"  I wanted to die.  I know she probably asked me because I was buying a baby frame, but of course I can't get the thought of having a pregnant belly out of my mind.  John thought it was funny and told me to relax so I started thinking about finding the good in that lady.  And here is what I came up with...She had really nice hair.  You know the hair you see on Spanish soap operas?  Long, black and super shiny?  That's the type.  So...beautiful hair lady, I am not pregnant, but thank you for helping me to find the good in someone once again.  :)

2 comments:

  1. These blogs are cracking me up! Way to be on finding the positive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get really irritated when people keep asking me if I need help with anything! I just avoid their gaze and look at the floor, that's why if anybody I know tries to get my attention and say hi to me at the store, I look super angry or trying to ignore them. But I'm not, I'm just ignoring the annoying employees!

    ReplyDelete