Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010

My year in memories...

January: Started off the New Year with John at the Israelsen cabin.  Went to a Jazz game and reluctantly started school.


February: Valentine's day roses from John, prettiest ever.  Date to Calloways.  More weekend visits and nightly calls.  Trips to Centerville and date at The Mayan.  Grandpa's funeral.


March: Decided, on a trip down to Centerville on my birthday, that it was time for John and I to get married.  Went ring shopping at the Gateway.  Tearfully said goodbye at the airport and headed to NYC and DC for Spring Break. Drove with John to St. George for our 2nd Spring Break. John had "the talk" with my dad as he drove him home from the airport.  


April: After visiting every store in Logan and many in SLC area I finally decided on a ring... and the waiting began.  After a few dates and thinking that they would be "the" date I decided he wasn't going to do it in April. Fun dates to the FunPark

May: More waiting.  Proposal on May 17th!  Happiest moment of my life up until that point.  Calling siblings, setting dates, making plans.  Preschool graduation, Ava's graduation UFOC time, summer break!!!  John moved to Logan. I found my dress!


June: Found our little apartment on W. Center.  Operas continued. I picked up my dress!  Engagements taken.  The search for the perfect bridesmaid dresses began.

July: Attended John's sister's wedding.  Felt weird being in family pictures but excited that things were becoming more official.  Saw Audra MacDonald in 110 in the Shade.  AMAZING!  Operas ended.  Had surgery.  Felt sick for the rest of the month.  Formals taken.  Bridal shower fun. Fairy camp.  Apartment painting.  Found free carpet on KSL and had it installed in our living room. Boating. Israelsen Reunion


August: Operas end.  Parents leave the country.  Floral bid for wedding THROUGH THE ROOF.  Search for Plan B commences.  Finally decide on centerpieces, shop all over looking for glass bowls of the right size. Found a bed.  Got temple recommends.  Ordered invites.  Sent out invites.  Took a trip to visit family and deliver wedding apparel. Move into our apartment.
September: Parents return home.  Wedding prep finalized.  Endowment received Sept. 2nd.  Wonderful night.  Had almost my whole family there.  Went to Aggy's after and then set up decorations at Hamilton's ALL night.  Finally got home around 1 AM, showered, painted my toenails, packed for my honeymoon and spent one last night in my bedroom.  Woke up the next morning, fixed my hair and make up and headed to the temple.  After the sealing headed to the luncheon with amazingly good food.  Took a short nap before the reception and then partied til it was over!  Headed to SLC, stopping once because I forgot my only pair of shoes for our honeymoon, and once more to wash the car.  Had a BLAST in Hawaii and didn't want to come home.  First day back I threw a baby shower for my friend Whitney.  SO much fun.  Then back to school. 


October: Hardest semester of my life.  Hardly see John.  One month anniversary and Conference in Bear Lake.  John buys a new HD TV. Excited for Halloween.  Did a Pumpkin Walk scene with my family.  Dressed up as a nurse and John as an army man.  



November: Found mold in our apartment.  Happy 2 month anniversary!  Moved in with my parents and began searching for an apartment.  Enjoyed having Mom's cooking again.  Stressful school.  Fun new practicum.  Thanksgiving in Park City with the Blair's.  Turned out different but very fun.  Had a fun date with Ruth and Forrest at The Melting Pot.  Back to school.  Found an apartment at the end of the month.

December: Moved most of our stuff into our apartment.  Still slept at my parents because all of our clothes were there.  Finished up the semester with some awesome test scores.  Bought John's Christmas present.  Picked up my Christmas present at RC Willey but couldn't wait til Christmas to set it up.  Finally spent a night at our apartment. Celebrated Christmas with the Ballam's and got some sweet gifts!  Spent New Year's at the Ballam's eating Mexican food and watching Despicable Me.  :)


What a year. I realize now that most of the year centered on wedding preparations.  It was a year I will never forget and cherish forever.  Let's see if 2011 can top it!

No comments:

Post a Comment