Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 1

I know a lot of people who have done a 30 day blogging challenge and I have decided to try it out.  I am TERRIBLE at writing in a journal.  I was really good for the first year of John's mission and then I majorly started slacking.  Last week I sat down and reread some of my old blog posts and had so much fun reliving those memories.  For my challenge I am going to try to post every day.  For 30 days.  Each day I have a little prompt but most of the responses for them won't be more than a sentence or two so hopefully my blog won't get TOO boring.  

Day 1:  Favorite song.

I hate this question.  I have so many favorite songs.  I guess it depends on the mood I am in?  I don't know.  However, there is one song that will make me smile every time I hear it and that is "How Much is that Doggy in the Window".  Sounds weird right?  When I was about 15 and dating John he used to sing me this song to cheer me up.  When he sold security systems in TX for a summer he would call and sing it to me on the phone.  Now he sings it to me when I am grumpy or had a bad day at school.  So sweet.  (He may kill me if he finds out I wrote about this.  Luckily I think he stopped reading my blog.  I guess we shall see).   

Another song that is close to my heart is the song "The Last Touch".  If you don't know it you HAVE to look it up.  It's by Lex de Azavedo.  I think it means a lot to me because even though I'm only 20 years old I have been in love with the same boy for more than 1/4 of my life already.  It is about how true love only grows stronger with time.  Similar to "I Thought I Loved You Then" by Brad Paisley. (Also one of my favorite songs).  Anyway, I had my dad sing it at my wedding...it's that good.  So...check it out.

Well...that turned out to be an incredibly cheesy post.  Hopefully the ones to follow will be a little bit more exciting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment