Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 14

Today was SUCH a long day.  I went to school in the morning, took a short break to drive John to work and then went straight back to school.  I got done at 3:30 and headed straight to teach my second acting class of the week.  This time I taught 5-7 year olds.  I did a few of the same activities I did with the younger kids and they worked SO much better!  Though there is a boy in the class and all of the girls are super distracted by it.  I will have to figure out how to keep them on task and off of him ;)  Anyway, after that I literally ran to the grocery store, headed straight home, threw together some fajitas and took them to John (I made it to the store, fixed dinner and was at Thermo Fisher in 45 min.  Phewph!)  I had a nice dinner with John, came home and cleaned the apartment.  My mom got me a steam mop and I just LOVE it!  We have nice, new tile in our new apartment so I've been trying to keep it clean, the mop does a great job!  Now I am relaxing and watching American Idol :)

Day 14: A non-fiction book:

Ok...I'm lame but I don't know what non-fiction book to write about.  So I'm going to write about a historical fiction book that I love.  Close enough right?  I am a big fan of The Work and The Glory.  I got into them when I was in middle school and just couldn't put them down.  I remember my grandpa Ballam reading them when I was little and I always just figured they were "grown up books" but I have to say, they are great for teenagers.  There is a lot of great plot mixed with historical fact that I think is great for students.  I hope to someday own the entire set.  (I borrowed them from my grandma when I read them)

No comments:

Post a Comment